[developers] LUI in http://lingo.delph-in.net/etc/install

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Thu Jan 7 01:47:31 CET 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
> those LinGO builds (maintained at UW) currently appear to default to a
version from october 27, 2014.  it could be interesting to know which build
is used with the appliance, but i would have guessed it would most likely
be the same.  maybe the appliance forces ‘LUI=pangolui’?

Yes, I replace the default yzlui binary with the pango enabled one.  I made
that change back in 2012 to work around a bug that resulted in an error of
"[NIL] lsp-loop(): premature end of file (read 1 characters)" when
parsing.  Basically, yzlui was crashing when it tried to display the parse

This is the section of my build script that makes the change:

mv /opt/delphin/lkb/bin/linux.x86.32/yzlui
/opt/delphin/lkb/bin/linux.x86.32/yzlui.orig || exit 1
wget http://lingua.bash.info/trollet/yzlui
--output-document=/opt/delphin/lkb/bin/linux.x86.32/yzlui || exit 1
chmod a+x /opt/delphin/lkb/bin/linux.x86.32/yzlui || exit 1

Mind, I haven't actually done a build in a couple years since (as far as I
know) there were no real changes to the software.

D. Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics
University of Washington
GPG key fingerprint: 0DB7 4B50 8910 DBC5 B510 79C4 3970 2BC3 2078 D875
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.delph-in.net/archives/developers/attachments/20160106/d29c6780/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the developers mailing list