aac10 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 21:45:25 CET 2016
I find I have lots of email messages mentioning ICONS and there's been
lots of discussion at Summits, but I'm really not sure what's of current
interest and what isn't. I have specific questions below, but if anyone
has a use for ICONS that's either implemented in a grammar or has a
detailed specification, and it's not covered below, could you let me
know, please? If necessary, I'll collect things up on the wiki.
- is http://moin.delph-in.net/IconsSpecs all we have in terms of
specifications/description of what's actually implemented? and is the
grammar linked from there -
http://faculty.washington.edu/ebender/ICONS-test.tgz - the version I
should be looking at? What I take from IconsSpecs is that support for
ICONS involves extracting and outputting it and doing a check as part of
generation (as described there). Is there anything else?
- is there a description of the use of ICONS in the ERG somewhere? (It's
just in `trunk', is it?)
- did anyone get round to doing a version of the mrs.dtd files with
ICONS? or otherwise specifying what it's supposed to look like in XML?
- similarly, I have messages from 7/14 and 8/14 with a proposal for
SimpleMRS v1.1 from Mike but can't find a version with ICONS on the
wiki. I am, no doubt, missing something obvious ....
- has anyone got a grammar that uses ICONS for anaphora?
- (for Dan, probably) - what about the ICONS for tense proposal?
PS - sorry for lack of response to other messages - I will get round to
More information about the developers