[developers] Distinguishing between orthographemic and non-orthographemic rules

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Fri Jul 1 15:29:48 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Woodley Packard
<sweaglesw at sweaglesw.org> wrote:
> In the case of Jacy, it seems that the rule "vbar-monotransitivization-c-lrule" neither declares orthographemic changes (by %suffix, %prefix, or entries in the irregulars table) nor declares a value for the mother’s STEM.

I think it would be ok to push the burden for this onto grammar
developers --- no need for the processor to guess.  In this case STEM
should be linked, the rule and a couple of others are poorly written
and will be fixed.  Perhaps a friendly warning if this case is seen
when compiling the grammar could help us avoid the issue in the
future?

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies