[developers] Updated Redwoods info?

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sun Apr 9 15:04:42 CEST 2017

hi emily,

> I thought that this might be the right place to look:
>
> http://moin.delph-in.net/RedwoodsTop
>
> ... but it still says "As of October 2011".  Should I expect to see a
> version
> of that page somewhere/sometime that is updated for 1214?  Is
> there somewhere else where someone who wants to get and play
> with the Redwoods Treebank(s) should go?

that is the correct page, in my view, but neither dan nor i have been
especially good in making public announcements of Redwoods releases.
there was some marketing of DeepBank 1.0 as a separate package
initially (see ‘DeepBank’ on the wiki), but lately we have gone back
to distributing the gold-standard WSJ profiles as part of the grammar
too.

Redwoods Ninth Growth (including DeepBank 1.1; all against the 1214
release of the ERG) is available, but the corresponding WikiWoods 1214
has yet to be released (i have done the parsing, but not yet the
packaging).  i have updated the above page accordingly.

for anyone primarily interested in the semantic graphs produced by the
ERG (in a variety of formats), the Open SDP release (from the 1214
treebanks) may also be a good starting point:

  http://sdp.delph-in.net/

tweet on!  oe