[developers] Latest ERG not generating unknown names with ACE

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sat Apr 15 22:38:24 CEST 2017

> I attach the relevant MRSs (same sentence; one created with the ERG trunk
> and the other with the 1214 version).

these MRSs appear equivalent in content; the ERG trunk has not yet
turned on predicate normalization by default (because that switch also
turns on SEM-I–based MRS processing, and finalizing the SEM-I prior to
a release currently is a non-trivial process, hence not applied to the
trunk yet), hence the spurious string vs. type distinctions and _rel
suffixes on predicates.  also, which engine did you use?  it still
outputs old-style LTOP (which should be TOP nowadays).

anyway, the MRSs look fine and give the expected result in the LKB generator:

LKB(42): (pprint
          (lkb::generate-from-mrs
           (mrs::read-mrs-from-file "~/Downloads/unity-logon.mrs")))

("Ubuntu is dropping unity.")
LKB(43): (pprint
          (lkb::generate-from-mrs
           (mrs::read-mrs-from-file "~/Downloads/unity-trunk.mrs")))

("Ubuntu is dropping unity.")

—i suspect you might not have run (lkb::index-for-generator) after

best, oe