[developers] Creating the new-style SEM-I for non-ERG grammars

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at uw.edu
Mon Apr 24 03:35:08 CEST 2017

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> have you turned on new-style predicate normalization?  see
> *normalize-predicates-p* in ‘mrsglobals.lsp’ of the 1214 release of
> the ERG.

Thanks Stephan, that seems to have worked. I added the following to
mrsglobals.lsp:

    (defparameter *normalize-predicates-p* t
      "normalize string and symbol predicates, and remove the _rel suffix.")

The process completed and the files look good, I think. I'll have to
confirm with Francis.

I also updated the following wiki with instructions, although I didn't
verify that the other parts of the wiki are still current:
http://moin.delph-in.net/RmrsSemi

--
Michael Wayne Goodman
Ph.D. Candidate, UW Linguistics