[developers] [Emb-students] unicode in lui window titles

Joshua Crowgey jcrowgey at uw.edu
Tue Feb 20 07:25:57 CET 2018

Thanks, everyone, for all the ideas and testing!

I can confirm that for me, on i3, Woodley's test cleaned up the tofu.  I
suppose that i3 *is* paying attention to _NET_WM_NAME.

I'm guessing that the reason that Francis has nice titles in Gnome but I
don't is that we're using different window managers under the hood.  I
don't know what Gnome's default WM is on Debian (stable).  On my login
screen I have a choice of Gnome on Wayland vs Gnome.  When I was testing
earlier, I chose the 'plain' Gnome.

--
Joshua