[developers] PyDelphin v0.7.0

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at uw.edu
Tue May 8 01:41:22 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

I've released PyDelphin v0.7.0 (available on GitHub (
https://github.com/delph-in/pydelphin/) and PIP (
https://pypi.org/project/pyDelphin/)), which adds an improved [incr tsdb()]
testsuite API (which now allows for programmatic instantiation, left-joins,
easier profile inspection, etc.), Prolog export for MRS, and a REPP
tokenizer (which offers the same behavior and characterization (cfrom/cto
values) as the PET (C++) program, as long as the regexes used are
compatible with Python's re module, plus a step-by-step "trace" mode for
debugging REPPs). There are numerous bug fixes and minor features added, as
well. See the changelog (
https://github.com/delph-in/pydelphin/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md) for more
info.

There are several backward-incompatible changes (again, see the changelog),
but I think the only one likely to affect users is the ACE interface
change. If you previously used something like:

    >>> response = ace.parse(grm, "Abrams slept.")
    >>> mrs = response['RESULTS'][0]['MRS']
    >>> drv = response['RESULTS'][0]['DERIV']

Then these latter two lines need to be changed to the following (which has
been available for almost two years now):

    >>> mrs = response.result(0)['mrs']
    >>> drv = response.result(0)['derivation']

I've fixed the Bottlenose and Demophin servers and submitted a patch for
pydmrs, but there may other code still using the old API.

As always, please send bug reports and feature requests to
https://github.com/delph-in/pydelphin/issues

Thanks

--
Michael Wayne Goodman