[developers] genre and lexical entries in PET

Dan Flickinger danf at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:48:37 CEST 2018

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is currently the case that the value of GENRE is not checked until a candidate analysis is tested for one of the root conditions after parsing.  It would be more efficient to impose a lexical filter that was sensitive to the values of GENRE for the root conditions specified at parser start-up, but this has not been implemented for any of the LKB, PET, or ACE (I don't know whether Glenn's agree parser does better).

 Dan