[developers] New ACE release compatible with ERG 2018

Woodley Packard sweaglesw at sweaglesw.org
Tue Nov 20 19:53:03 CET 2018

Fellow DELPH-INites,

We are all happy to see the release of Dan's new 2018 version of the
ERG.  As he mentioned, it uses the new docstring TDL mechanism, making
it incompatible with prior ACE versions.  ACE 0.9.28 and later support
the new syntax.  A Linux version of 0.9.28 was already available when
Dan announced the 2018 release, but an OSX version was not.  I have now
released 0.9.29 (which adds support for the +ID field in token mapping
-- a long standing although perhaps little noticed omission).  The ACE
download website has binary releases for both Linux and OSX (and of
course a source release), as well as pre-compiled ERG images to go with
them -- both the new 2018 release and the 1214 release.

I have also committed updated FFTB and ACE binaries to the LOGON tree.

Please let me know if you encounter any unexpected problems!
Thanks,
Woodley Packard