[developers] LKB FOS

Alexandre Rademaker arademaker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 21:50:01 CET 2019

Hi John,

Regarding the http://moin.delph-in.net/LkbFos, thank you so much for your work. It is really nice to be able to run LKB directly in my MacOS system. I have some questions, hope you can help me:

Where can I download the fonts?

> These are not standard macOS fonts, so you will have to download them yourself and install them - a suitable location on your machine is /opt/X11/share/fonts/TTF/

In the dialog window to select the file to load the grammar, I can’t edit the path, just navigate in the directories and click in a file name, is that the expected behaviour?

In some windows I can ask for `output postscript`, all ps files saved in my /tmp are empty. Are you aware of this error? But I was able to obtain the Latex fragments.

Finally, my last question, I have the lkb_fos in my ~/hpsg/lkb_fos directory and my .emacs file ends with

(let ((root (or (getenv "DELPHINHOME") "~/hpsg")))
  (load (format "%s/lkb_fos/emacs/dot.emacs" root) nil t t))

The $DEPLHINHOME variable is correctly set to

$ echo $DELPHINHOME
/Users/ar/hpsg

But when I execute `M-x lkb`, it just open a slime-repl buffer and lkb didn’t start. Maybe the commands of dot.emacs are conflicting with my configuration of slime in my .emacs (I also use Common Lisp). Any idea?

My .emacs contains:

(use-package slime
  :config
  (setq slime-lisp-implementations
	'((sbcl  ("/usr/local/bin/sbcl" "--dynamic-space-size" "6GB")
		 :coding-system utf-8-unix)
	  (mlisp10 ("/Applications/AllegroCL-10/mlisp"))
	  (mlisp9  ("/Applications/AllegroCL-9/mlisp"))
	  (abcl  ("/usr/local/bin/abcl"))
	  (ccl   ("/opt/local/bin/ccl64")))
	slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix
	slime-export-save-file t
	slime-contribs '(slime-fancy slime-repl slime-scratch slime-trace-dialog)
	lisp-simple-loop-indentation  1
	lisp-loop-keyword-indentation 6
	lisp-loop-forms-indentation   6)
  (global-set-key "\C-z" 'slime-selector)

  (autoload 'enable-paredit-mode "paredit"
    "Turn on pseudo-structural editing of Lisp code."
    t)
  (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook       'enable-paredit-mode)
  (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook             'enable-paredit-mode)
  (add-hook 'lisp-interaction-mode-hook 'enable-paredit-mode)
  (add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook           'enable-paredit-mode)
  (add-hook 'slime-repl-mode-hook       'override-slime-repl-bindings-with-paredit)
  (add-hook 'slime-load-hook            (lambda () (require 'slime-fancy)))
  (add-hook 'enable-paredit-mode        (lambda () (paredit-mode +1)))

  (show-paren-mode 1))

Best,

--
Alexandre Rademaker