[developers] Fw: ERG installation questions

goodman.m.w at gmail.com goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 08:01:28 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 1:29 PM Alexandre Rademaker <arademaker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am newbie in the DELPHIN/HPSG universe too but I am happy to be able to
> add something here.
>
> > 1. Has there been any exploration of using Docker to simplify
> installation? It seems to me that a lot of the complexity could be isolated
> if there were a Docker script. I'm not a Docker expert but I might try to
> have a go with this approach, assuming I'm not reinventing the wheel here!
>
> Yes, take a look at https://github.com/own-pt/docker-logon.
>
> > 4. Is there a way to expose the REST API from a local installation of
> ERG? I'm likely to want to run it on a large amount of data and didn't want
> to abuse the Oslo facilities, but using the API locally was appealing.
>
> In addition to what Michael said, please see also the message from Stephan
> answering this same question that I made one month ago:
> http://lists.delph-in.net/archives/developers/2019/002883.html
>
> There is this www script in the $LOGONROOT documented in
> http://moin.delph-in.net/LogonOnline.

Thanks for filling in the gaps, Alexandre! I'd forgotten about that message
(which has useful info in addition to the web demo part) and about the
LogonOnline wiki. I had some trouble running the LOGON server but got it
working eventually. I updated the LogonOnline wiki to include the solutions
I found. Also note that the demo is not simply at 127.0.0.1:8888 (or
whatever host + port you use), but under the /logon subpath, while the web
API is under /rest/0.9/...

Best,

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman