[developers] The WeSearch interface

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sun Jul 5 23:40:21 CEST 2020

hi alexandre,

it appears roman (who worked on WSI improvements at UW for a while) created
the script that you are missing.  i am not sure i actually have a copy
myself (and cannot easily check while traveling this week).

but we used to create the WSI indices from the standard export files
created by the LOGON ‘redwoods’ script.  that should work with any valid
[incr tsdb()] treebank, no matter how it was created. somewhere in the ERG,
there should be a file Notes, or Readme, or the like with export
instructions.

so, how did you create your treebank(s), how do you call the ‘redwoods’
script, and (most importantly) what exactly happens?

best wishes, oe