[developers] First step for the clone of FFTB SVN in GitHub

Alexandre Rademaker arademaker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:37:38 CEST 2020

Hi,

Michael, thank you for all suggestions you made. I followed almost everything! ;-)

https://github.com/delph-in/fftb

The fftb tool now has a mirror repository in the GitHub (or M$ GitHub as Stephan likes to write!)

Since I do need a place to put the README and the authors.txt, I ended up having a master branch that will be updated mainly with changes from the SVN. The trunk will be the pristine branch, mirroring SVN trunk.

Next, we have to define possible workflows.

For instance, I had an issue (https://github.com/delph-in/fftb/issues/1) with remote connections. Woodley told me how to solve it with a tiny change in the file web.c, I kept the modification in a branch called `issue-1` for now. This branch would probably not be merged into master directly, only if Woodley agrees to make the change in the SVN principal repository… I would them update the git repo with the changes in the SVN.

If Woodley doesn’t accept the change in the code (*), we can still have this branch in the git repository for particular uses. For instance, I can obtain the fftb code with this change to make the docker image:

https://github.com/own-pt/docker-delphin/blob/master/image/Dockerfile#L65-L67

So I don’t have to copy the web.c into the docker repository, which is excellent!

Suggestions are welcome!

(*) if I understood it right, the modification opens the door for any remote connection, and it can be understood as a security risk.

Best,
Alexandre