[developers] Comparing a profile with a grammar output

Alexandre Rademaker arademaker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 01:30:30 CEST 2020

> On 21 Aug 2020, at 12:35, Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
> one used to do this kind of evaluation in [incr tsdb()], initiated
> through the 'Trees | Score' command.  i am not sure this will work out
> of the box for comparing an FFTB-based treebank to an ACE-generated
> parsing profile ... although it should, in principle!  i expect you
> would want to select 'Result Equivalence' and 'Score All Items' in
> 'Trees | Switches', and just give it a shot :-).
>
> if you get the above to work (which should give exact match
> accuracies), the [incr tsdb()] scorer can also compute a range of
> additional metrics, including EDM and ParsEval, but these would have
> to be activated programmatically:
>
> (setf *redwoods-score-counts* '(:ta :parseval :edma :edmp))

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the directions. Trying that first approach, it gave me 100% accuracy?? But the window with the results opened instantaneously, I don’t believe it really did the analysis. How to make sure the tool is doing what we excepted it to do? How can I know if the two profiles are proper selected?

Best,
Alexandre