[developers] Comparing a profile with a grammar output

goodman.m.w at gmail.com goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 11:34:07 CEST 2020

Hi Alexandre and Stephan,

Alexandre, if you only care about exact matches of semantics, you might
look into how the Matrix does regression testing (see rtest.py at
https://github.com/delph-in/matrix/).

And I'd need to refresh my understanding of the specifics, but I think
delphin.edm gives the same final scores as mtool but not Bec's tool. It
*can* replicate the results of both by adjusting weights and things via
command options. It doesn't give as granular a breakdown as mtool, but you
can get per-item results when you increase verbosity twice (-vv).

Finally, if you want EDS with line breaks, try adding `--indent` or
`--indent 1` to the `delphin convert` command.

Stephan, I don't see why line breaks are necessary for EDS native format.
There is no syntactic necessity that I can see. I find it very useful to
have the option for single-line EDS (or any format), e.g., for line-pairing
the exported representations of two profiles. I'll consider how I can make
the identifier prefix (e.g., #4711) map to the internal 'identifier' field
(see
https://pydelphin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/delphin.eds.html#delphin.eds.EDS
).

--