[developers] Abstract Wikipedia

Alexandre Rademaker arademaker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 06:06:38 CEST 2020

https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Abstract_Wikipedia

The goal of Abstract Wikipedia is to let more people share in more knowledge in more languages. Abstract Wikipedia is an extension of Wikidata. In Abstract Wikipedia, people can create and maintain Wikipedia articles in a language-independent way. A Wikipedia in a language can translate this language-independent article into its language. Code does the translation.

The Grammatical Framework community provided some response and suggestion on how GF could be used for language generation

https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Abstract_Wikipedia#Response_from_the_Grammatical_Framework_community

I wonder if  the statement about HPSG is fair:

> check out other grammar formalisms, like HPSG, you'll see similar coverage to GF, but no unified API for different languages.

Alexandre
Sent from my iPhone