[developers] Bug in interactive unification

Woodley Packard sweaglesw at sweaglesw.org
Wed Nov 11 19:08:14 CET 2020

My best guess is LUI expected a #D structure instead of a symbol; e.g.

 #D[zero]

One could argue that LUI should be a bit more forgiving in enforcing type constraints on its commands.  Both internally and in the protocol, atomic values are treated differently from feature structures.  An atomic value at the top level is unanticipated, but I think it should work just fine if wrapped into a (trivial) feature structure.

Woodley