[developers] Bug in interactive unification

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sun Nov 15 16:58:55 CET 2020

further toward perfection in the LKB interfaces :-).

guy, can you try asking for the type display by typing in |1| (including
the vertical bars).  i suspect the prompt windows just uses the lisp read()
function, which will interpret a string of digits as a number, rather than
as a symbol.  in TDL parsing, however, all (unquoted) type names are
interpreted as symbols.  the |...| syntax will force symbol interpretation.
 this would be easy to fix, and likely applies in other input routines that
prompt for type or grammar entity names.

regarding LUI communication, i am inclined to suggest that this is a bug in
the #D[...] reader ... woodley, how could you not agree?

cheers, oe

ps: i had originally drafted this message  yesterday; i suspect the LKB
input fix that john has in mind is likely along the lines above?