[itsdb] [lkb] the fine system and unicode

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Fri Feb 17 15:58:38 CET 2006

Hi,

Ben Waldron wrote:
> Stephan Oepen wrote:
>> getting UniCode to work in [incr tsdb()] is not much of a problem.  you
>> should make sure that
>>
>>  (a) your [incr tsdb()] data files (skeletons or ASCII import files)
>>      are all coded in UTF-8.
>>
> You can use the 'file' command under Linux to check the encoding of files:
>
>    bmw20 at bmw-1:~/erg> file irregs.tab
>    irregs.tab: UTF-8 Unicode text

Ah, I did not know this. But if this is possible, may be the fine system
could check for itselves. Then it would be possible to work with various
test suite data bases in different encodings without having to change
the locale before looking at another one. I put together a CD rom with a
Chinese and a German grammar. At the current stage one either gets
Umlaute or Chinese characters.

Thank you very much

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Potsdam      Tel: (+49) (+331) 977-2180

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/