[itsdb] parse big corpus with itsdb

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 02:36:45 CET 2006

G'day,

shouldn't you be asleep by now?

>  I am wondering what exactly is the difference between -results --- I know
> what that one is --- and -nsolutions. Can anyone enlighten me here?

I think:

-results sits in the output routine and stops it printing all the
results.  They are still all calculated.

-nsolutions asks cheap to only produce the top "n" parses.
 - with no model, I don't knwo what it does
 - with just a scoring model it uses some kind of beam search (I think)
 -- this means that the result is often not the global optimum
 - with selective unpacking it should produce the global best n results
 -- without having to explore the whole search space

Stephen, Bernd or Yi, please correct me if I am wrong.

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Natural Language Research Group