[itsdb] Escaping @

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:24:33 CEST 2007

G'day,

> > how should one escape @ in tsdb item files?
> >
> > For the moment I am using full width @ instead...
> > U+FF20 FULLWIDTH COMMERCIAL AT
>
> for string-valued fields in tsdb(1) data files, the following holds:
>
>   @       --> \s
>   newline --> \n
>   \       --> \\
>
> slow as it can be at times, it is really a full-text DBMS :-).

I was sure it could do it, I just couldn't find it mentioned in the
itsddb manual.  Anyway, I will wiki it in.

BTW, I hope to send my chapter outline sometime tomorrow, thanks for
stepping in for Dan (^_^).

Two meta questions:
 - would you have some time to discuss the ranking machinery a bit
sometime soon?  Eric and I would like to get some of it going in the
April release.

 - how likely is it that I will be invited in June?  I would like to
go, but if I do will need to turn down a request to give a talk
somewhere else.  If so, I would like to let them know ASAP so that
they have a chance to invite someone else.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Computational Linguistics Group