[itsdb] Problems when the variable tree-discriminants-mode is set to modern

Tore Bruland torebrul at idi.ntnu.no
Wed Dec 19 15:59:56 CET 2012

The variable *tree-discriminants-mode* can be set to classic or modern.
Modern is default in LOGON, but can I also use classic together with LOGON?

I'm asking because I have annotation problems when *tree-discriminants-mode*
is set to :modern.
The problem is that some of the discriminants are missing.
I know that only the different discriminants are shown.
I have my own program that compare a list of MRSes from a sentence:
http://regdili.idi.ntnu.no:8080/comparemrs/compare.
The descriminants I get during annotation for the sentence "legg avisen på
bordet" in [incr tsdb()] is
  på_p ARG1 avis_n
  på_p ARG1 legge_v
But my program calculates another:
  legge_v ARGX på_p

I suspect the NorSource argument name ARGX.
With a large test-suite I have found the following argument names in
NorSource:

  ARG0, ARG1, ARG2, ARG3
  ARGOBLQ, ARGX
  BODY, CARG
  C-ARG, IARG, L-HNDL, L-INDEX, R-HNDL, R-INDEX, RSTR

How can I solve this problem?

Tore Bruland
PhD Candidate
Department of Computer and Information Science Norwegian University of
Science and Technology (NTNU) Sem Sælands vei 7-9
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
tel. +47 73 59 36 72
fax  +47 73 59 44 66
cel. +47 47 90 49 79