semi-official announcement of new LKB

Ann Copestake aac at csli.Stanford.EDU
Thu Apr 4 23:34:10 CEST 2002

As I think many of you already know, we're distributing versions of the LKB
from http://lingo.stanford.edu/ftp/ - this has versions for
Linux/OpenMotif and for Windows as well as Solaris and Linux/MetroLink.
The versions are being updated fairly regularly (though the Windows
version is currently lagging slightly) - this amazing feat of
organization is thanks to Stephan Oepen.

A temporary version of a revised LKB page is at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~aac10/itfsg/lkb.html - it will be accessible via
the old LKB page location (i.e.,
http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~aac/lkb.html) as soon as I have done a
bit more debugging.  Please note the link to the new FAQ page - if you
have problems updating existing grammars to the new LKB, this may contain the
solution.

Feedback would be welcome to help get the bugs out before we announce
to Linguist List etc.  Please send email to lkb-bugs at csli.stanford.edu
rather than to me directly.  Updates to the FAQ would be especially welcome.

The "LKB book" (i.e. `Implementing Typed Feature Structure Grammars',
Copestake, CSLI Publications, 2002) now exists although may take a
while to get distributed.  The user manual for the new version of the
LKB forms part of the book, but will be available online (linked via
the LKB web page).

Ann