Defaults in LKB

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 23 14:59:06 CEST 2003

> I was wondering which version of the LKB was the first to allow the use of
> defaults?

there was a version of defaults in the LKB almost right from the start - I
think early in 1991.  There were several different versions, culminating in
PDU/
YADU. When we made the changes to the LKB so that the ERG would run on it, I
initially removed the defaults, but put YADU back in fairly soon - maybe 1997?
Rob Malouf then did the current YADU implementation - if you need precise
dates, I can start looking at logs ...

> Is there maybe an older development version which is monotonic?

I've found an older version which ran on PAGE as well so no defaults - I can send this to you. It may not run on the current LKB without modification though, because we removed support for various PAGEisms

Ann