Any tips for calling LKB from another program?

David McMath mcdave at csli.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 17 22:52:35 CEST 2003

Dear List,

My colleagues and I are developing an online course in English grammar for
elementary school-aged children in the US.  We are investigating using LKB
to determine whether some students' responses are proper sentences.  One
part of our investigation (the part with which I am most concerned) hinges
on how easily we can use LKB, called from a script, to determine whether a
particular response is a sentence.  I have the book "Implementing Typed
Feature Structure Grammars" by Ann Copestake, and section 8.15 seems to
suggest we can probably do it, somehow.

My question is whether anyone has some advice that might be helpful.  All
comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

dave

--