Any tips for calling LKB from another program?

Dan Flickinger danf at csli.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 20 15:37:01 CEST 2003

Hi David -

Others on the list will be able to give you more advice on the specific
engineering aspects of calling the LKB or PET with a student's response in
order to determine whether it's a well-formed sentence.  But I'd be glad
to assist with one or two grammar-related issues that may arise for your
application, if you'll be using the English Resource Grammar with either
system - in particular, to make sure the vocabulary you'll need is properly
supported, and perhaps to deal separately with some typical errors that the
students will make.  I'm working with two colleagues on a somewhat related
project on assisting students learning English as a second language, so we're
facing some of the same engineering issues.

I'll be away until the 11th of July, but would be glad to meet with you at
CSLI anytime after that.

Best regards,

 Dan