[lkb] LexDB

Ben Waldron benjamin.waldron at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 17:42:27 CEST 2005

Berthold Crysmann wrote:

> I am experiencing problems with the creation of a lexical database
> (both for gergram and erg):
>
> The script install-lexdb.sh reports the following error:
>
> -8<-----
> taking field defns from file /home/crysmann/lingo/erg/lexdb.dfn
> psql -c 'delete from fields' -U lexdb erg
> DELETE 0
> psql -c "copy fields from /home/crysmann/lingo/erg/lexdb.dfn" -U lexdb
> erg
> ERROR:  extra data after last expected column
> CONTEXT:  COPY fields, line 1: "erg     id      name            symbol"
> drop_lexdb
> ABORTING...

You need to call it with the .fld file as second argument:

$ bash install-lexdb.sh erg ~/lingo/erg/lexdb.fld

Sorry if this wasn't clear from the Wiki instructions. (The .dfn file
contains the mappings from DB fields into AVMs used in the grammar.)

-Ben

==

$ bash install-lexdb.sh
usage: install-lexdb.sh DBNAME FIELDS-FILE