[lkb] Expanding out Defaults

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 15:10:14 CET 2006

fcbond at gmail.com said:
> Is it possible to dump the grammar with all the defaults resolved, and then
> load that into PET?

in principle I would expect so (provided it's not using persistent defaults),
but there are probably complications - e.g. the way that PET uses reduced
feature structures.  I think it would be OK, provided that you output the
types without any defaults and the lexical entries (and rules etc) with all
the default information included.  i.e., the use of defaults should be
formally equivalent to a grammar where there is more information in the
entries.

> If there is currently a handy command to do
> it, could you let us know what it is?

there's code that was used to dump out the lexical entries for PET and lilfes
in io-general/outputsrc.lsp - I don't know whether it still works.

I've CC'd to Ben explicitly because he should be able to give you more
detailed info about doing this.

Ann