[lkb] Evaluation Tool

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 3 07:24:12 CET 2006

Dear Soma,

I'm not sure what you mean.  There is test suite software
([incr tsdb()], also know as "the fine system") which is
wonderful for tracking the coverage/overgeneration of a grammar
with respect to some set of test suites.

However, to do this, you need a working grammar fragment.
An analysis of complex predicates alone wouldn't run.

If you're looking for a somewhat generic grammar to serve
the context for developing such an analysis, I recommend
the LinGO Grammar Matrix (www.delph-in.net/matrix) and
in particular, using the Matrix configuration page to get
a starter-grammar (www.delph-in.net/matrix/modules.html)

[NB: Right at the moment, the most up-to-date version
of the Matrix configuration page is here:

http://depts.washington.edu/uwcl/HPSG2005/modules.html

That should be migrated to the address above soon.]

Emily