[lkb] memory allocation problems with erg

Michael W. Daniels miwdanie at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 19 20:16:45 CEST 2006

I'm trying to load the 2/8/06 ERG with the 2/8/06 LKB on windows, and
get the following message:

read-preprocessor(): reading file `ecommerce.fsr'.

Memory allocation problem: An allocation request for 262160 bytes
caused a need for 56623104 more bytes of heap. The operating system
will not make the space available because the address space reserved
for the heap could not be increased.

Does this just mean something on my computer is mis-set? (and if so,
what?) Or is something else going on?

I've been able to load a number of other grammars without problems, so
I think the installation is generally OK.

Mike Daniels