[lkb] Getting Parse results from LKB

Bernhard Fisseni bfi at ikp.uni-bonn.de
Thu Oct 12 22:25:08 CEST 2006

Good evening,

for a course on accesibility in the WWW, a colleague of mine and I (me)
we wanted to try GG as the grammar for German to avoid re-inventing
the grammar wheel; using LKB or pet to interface it with a tts system
seemed a good idea.

But for some reason, I don't find the part of the documentation of
either programme that tells me whether there is any way to easily access
the syntactic representation[2] "from the outside" (e.g. the tty
interface of LKB), getting some plain text or even XML output?  (I'm
probably searching for documentation in the wrong places – sorry!)

Could you help me and tell me how to access the syntactic
representation?  Or would it be a good idea to have a look at trollet or
the lkb web server and modify what they do (they seem to have access to
syntactic information)?  (And, is there any chance to arrive at a
working GUIless LKB with clisp or sbcl in the very near future?)

I'd be grateful for any hints,
Bernhard

[1]  Using the binary LKB under Linux would be nice because it installed
quite nicely.

[2] For the moment, syntactic structures seem a bit more important to us
than semantics.  It's just too difficult to pronounce MRSes. ;-)