[lkb] single-quotes in lexicon entries

Michael Wayne Goodman goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 07:48:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

Is there any convention for replacing single-quotes in predicate names
and lexeme identifiers? For example, I have the Italian compound
"lunghezza d'onda" ("wavelength"), and here's my current lexical
entry:

lunghezza_d'onda_3 := sg-fem-common-noun-lex &
    [ STEM < "lunghezza", "d'onda" >,
      SYNSEM.LKEYS.KEYREL.PRED "_lunghezza+d'onda_n_3_rel" ].

Since single-quotes are meaningful characters in Lisp, I imagine they
must be replaced with something else. + is already in use for spaces,
so I imagine that wouldn't be a good idea.

If we have an agreed-upon convention, I'll add it to the RMRS wiki
(http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/RmrsPos).

Thanks

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman