[lkb] Bottom-Up Type Hierarchy

jin norman nii2awh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 05:47:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I found that it's usually useful to have a bottom-up type hierarchy which
could tell what a type's parent types are, and what types their parent types
inherit, all the way up to the *root*. In this way, it's easy to tell from
the hierarchy how a leaf type is formed, or in other words the family tree
of a leaf type.
Any advice about this idea? Is it possible to implement it? Has anyone tried
to do it?

Another problem I encountered is that in a complex type hierarchy, it's hard
to recognize which line leads to where. Is there a better solution?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Norman