[matrix] Re: Spanish DO

Montserrat Marimon montserrat.marimon at upf.edu
Fri Oct 22 12:12:34 CEST 2004

Dear Emily,

Thanks a lot.

One more question: in the ERG the pform of empty (or marking)
prepositions is specified by means of the SYNSEM.LKEYS.--COMPKEY
feature,  isn't it? or is there any other feature encoding that
information? if not, how could I express the constraint that if the DO
is marked, it should be by the preposition "a" within the same lexical
entry?  Examples:
- ví a María / tu trabajo (I saw Mary / your work)
- confundir algo con algo / confundir a alguien con alguien (to mix up
something with something/someone with someone)
- la persona honra el trabajo (SVO)
- honra al trabajo la persona (VOS)

Thanks again,

    Montse.-