[matrix] Re: Spanish lexicon

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 26 18:19:48 CEST 2005

Dear Montserrat,

(I'm cc-ing this message to the Matrix list, in case others
have the same question.)

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 12:32:03PM +0200, Montserrat Marimon wrote:
> Dear Emily,
>
> What is the best way to encode lexical entries for big lexicons in LKB?
> Should I just add them in the "lexicon.tdl" file?

As you have clearly guessed, making a big lexicon.tdl file is
just awkward.  The recommended procedure for large lexicons is
to use the lexical database (LexDB):

http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LkbLexDb

The page above offers basic documentation for installation and
use of the LexDB.  For further discussion, I recommend the lkb
mailing list: lkb at delph-in.net.

Emily