[matrix] information structure?

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 2 20:23:45 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:16:16PM +0000, Ann Copestake wrote:

> Anyone got any plans to include information structure?  I'm mostly asking on
> behalf of Kristina Jokinen, who is interested in Finnish.

Hi Ann,

I don't have any specific plans, but would welcome proposals for
representations of information structure in the Matrix.  Kaja Borthen
has done interesting work on feature-based representations of
the givenness hierarchy (and how to incorporate them so that they
can be used in the analysis of definiteness effects).  She has
a paper with Petter Haugereid on it coming out in the special issue
of RLC on multilingual grammar engineering.

Emily