[matrix] Re: [rmrs] tense and mood info in rmrs

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 13:46:23 CET 2005

The ideal would be that the shallow parsers come up with an underspecified
version of what the deep parsers do, which should be viable if we factorise
the information correctly.   (I think there's still some wiggle room in
exactly what we mean by underspecification for features and values, if there's
a formal issue.)

It may not be possible with the current feature set, but could we establish
some examples that demonstrate the problem?  I still don't know why
progressive doesn't correspond to some settings of the existing features and
why you need a new feature.

Ann