[matrix] need help on some implementation issues

Altaf Mahmud altaf.mahmud at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 15:39:23 CEST 2007

Hello,

Thanks Madam for your kind reply. The MRS output for 'demonstrative pronoun'
now showing up all of the relations.

Yes, 'lex-root' is defined in the 'roots.tdl' file. I also tried "View ->
Other entry" and asked for lex-root, it expands and can show it's parent
type "word-or-lex" rule. So, I think it working fine, but I don't get the
output.

I also want to implement the possessive markers. In Bangla, possessives are
appeared as modifiers like English, such as: "kimer kukur (Kim's dog)",
"taader kukur (Their dog)". The nouns/pronouns are inflected by possessive
case marker 'er' or 'der' to appear as possessive modifiers. So I want to
implement it through 'infl-ltow-rule'. But, do I need to change the HEAD
feature of possessives from 'noun' to 'link' / 'adjective' or any other
types? Because, noun types introduces 'noun-relation' as it's first
relation, where possessive modifires would introduce 'poss-rel' as it's
first relation with two other relations (their own noun and quantifier
relations).

One more question about 'event relation'. Isn't it that 'event-relation'
bears the feature TAM (Time, Aspect and Mood)? How it would used for the
'demonstrative determiners'?

Thank you.

--
-Altaf