[matrix] matrix - general: no parse of words

Gertrud Faasz gertrud.faasz at tuks.co.za
Mon May 21 10:01:17 CEST 2007

Dear all,
this is the first of a number of questions on the type hierarchy of the
grammar matrix, each we will post separately, for they touch different
issues.

This question is about parsing of stand-alone utterances with the
original downloaded matrix.

The downloaded root file describes that stand-alone utterances could be
parsed as well with the following type descr:

root := word-or-lexrule.

However, the example lexicon sets the type of e.g. a noun as:
"common-noun-lex". We did only find noun-lex which is a subtype of
word-or-lexrule, so we added:

common-noun-lex := noun-lex .

still not parsed. Can you please give us a hint?

choices:
section=language
language=Northern_Sotho

section=word_order