[matrix] Parsing prepositional phrases with customization system created grammars

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 1 07:22:53 CEST 2010

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your question.  You are right that these are intersective
modifiers, and thus should be attached via the isect-mod-phrase.  The
key steps in the analysis are to make sure that an appropriate subty[e
isect-mod-phrase is in fact instantiated in rules.tdl and to define lexical
types and instances for the prepositions themselves.  You probably
want to start with basic-int-mod-adposition-lex as the supertype.

Emily