[matrix] Problem regarding Malayalam implementation

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 14 18:17:09 CEST 2010

Dear Anila,

Do the uninflected nouns only show up in coordination
constructions, or can they show up elsewhere, too?

There should be constraints on the feature INFLECTED
high in the phrase structure rule hierarchy that prevent
uninflected forms from appearing as daughters to
syntax rules, provided the matching/contrasting constraints
are on lexical types and any non-final lexical rules.

The first thing to check would be whether your case
rules are specified to be obligatory.

Emily