[matrix] Regarding disjunctives

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Wed Aug 29 17:51:17 CEST 2012

Dear Nidhi,

I'm redirecting this to the `matrix' mailing list, which is where we would
like to see discussion of such topics.

At a first pass, I would expect disjunction to work much like conjunction,
with the PRED values for `and' and `or' differentiating the two in the
semantics.
I haven't looked into this myself, but you might start by looking at
the ERG demo to see what semantic representations Dan assigns
to English sentences with `and' and `or', and then ask yourself whether
the translational equivalents in Hindi are close enough that you want the
same representations or if they differ in some way.

http://erg.delph-in.net/logon

Emily

--
Emily M. Bender