[pet] [developers] Whoa, missed someting, sorry

Yi Zhang yzhang at coli.uni-sb.de
Tue Mar 25 19:43:38 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Ann Copestake <Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk>
wrote:

> kiefer at dfki.de said:
> > So what exactly is necessary for the MRS->RMRS conversion?
>
> I hope that's reasonably clear from the papers/reports (the Lisp code to
> do it
> is reasonably well commented).  One thing - as far as the description of
> RMRS
> goes, I suggest looking at the paper in last year's deep grammar workshop
> at
> ACL.  The conversion from MRS is quite a lot simpler for the version of
> RMRS
> that does not have INGs, which is the one I would advocate these days and
> is
> described in that paper.

Thanks! I will try to find some time to work on the conversion code in the
future.

> how were you thinking they would be shared?  currently there is Lisp code
> do the various formats, so if someone writes a convertor, the Lisp code
> would
> have to call that if we share the convertor?  I'm not yet convinced this
> would
> make the overall maintenance load easier ...

It is definitely going to take some extra effort to keep the codes in sync.
Following the tradition of ``who commits, who maintains'', I will try to
keep the PET MRS code updated. Of course, heads-ups from any relevant
upstream change would be very much appreciated.

Best,
Yi