[pet] preprocessing and fsc

Xuchen Yao xuchen at coli.uni-saarland.de
Wed Jun 23 14:39:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

I was told that there's a pre-processing module in PET to re-format the
input a little bit (such as dealing with punctuations, numbers, etc,
e.g. $14,000) so a better job can be done for parsing. But if the input
mode is the FSC format (Chart Mapping as in the cm branch), this
pre-processing stage is bypassed (correct me if it's not the case).

Currently I'm using FSC input and also want to gain some advantages from
this pre-processing stage. I'm writing in Java and thinking if I can
have the C++ references from PET, I can easily re-write the
preprocessing step in my code (hopefully this isn't too much work) so
finally feed some better formatted input to PET. So could someone kindly
point me to the C++ code in PET where pre-processing happens? Thanks a lot!

Xuchen