[pet] PET: list of deprecated functionality / code

Bernd Kiefer kiefer at dfki.de
Wed Oct 20 17:06:47 CEST 2010

Hi all,

after the main branch has been consolidated, i'd like to takle the next
point on the PET roadmap: removal of obsolete and/or deprecated code
and functionality.

For the moment, we have decided on the following list:

- ECL support, which affects:
   - fspp
   - MRS printing other than MRX and simple MRX
- extdict
- psql*
- print-chic
- vcg-print.h
- fs_mods
- smaf-tokenizer
- pic input mode

- position-mapper.h (yy? still pending)
- socket server (oe? still pending)

borland directory
fspp directory
goofy directory

Since the current state is available in the SVN, we can still revive
things like, e.g., the external lexicon once it is again properly
supported.

If there are no objections, code related to functiality in the list
above will be deleted end of October or beginning of November.

Cheers,

          Bernd, for the PET developers

Bernd Kiefer     DFKI GmbH,  Stuhlsatzenhausweg,  D-66123 Saarbruecken
kiefer at dfki.de   +49-681/85775-5301 (phone)   +49-681/85775-5338 (fax)
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vor-
                     sitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313