[pet] n-best solutions

David Vaughn dsvaughn at ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 23 18:55:55 CEST 2011

Hello,

When using the '-sm=' option to rank parse trees, are all parses found
first, and then ranked?  The reason I am asking is that PET takes a very
long time for some longer sentences with many possible parses.  I wasn't
sure if there was any sort of "best first" search strategy that could be
switched on (if not already on), where "best" refers of the final parse
ranking.  If not, then I guess there's no way to speed up these cases by
just asking for the top few parses, because they all must be found first
anyway.

Thanks.