[pet] [itsdb] [incr tsdb()] and fsc test items

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sat Sep 24 14:39:48 CEST 2011

hi katya,

i believe this should just work; have you tried?  [incr tsdb()] can store arbitrary strings in its ‘i-input’ field and will (unless configured otherwise) just send those strings verbatim to PET for processing.  in case you had ‘@’ signs (\s), newlines (\n), or backslashes (\\) in your inputs, these would have to be escaped in the tsdb(1) ‘item’ file, using the conventions indicated in parentheses above.

i recall there used to be problems in sending PiC-format inputs to PET from [incr tsdb()], where i believe one had to pad the ‘i-input’ field with two final newlines; otherwise, the parser would hang inreading the PiC XML from the string received from [incr tsdb()].  i don't think this problem is there with the FSC format (though i have not tried myself, but believe peter adolph tends to use the exact setup you sketch).  if it were, please let us know (and we should fix it :-).

i'm copying the PET list, in case other developers or users have further comments or experience reports.

best, oe