[pet] passing in some but not all tags

Paul Haley paul at haleyai.com
Wed Sep 18 15:26:31 CEST 2013

Hello,

I may be making some conceptual progress on this...

I went back to the chart mapping tutorial
(http://moin.delph-in.net/Chart_Mapping) and found myself looking at the
following lexical filtering rule from the ERG's lfr.tdl:

    ;; throw out generic whenever a native entry is available, unless
    the token is
    ;; a named entity (which now includes names activated because of
    mixed case or
    ;; non-sentence-initial capitalization).
    ;;
    generic_non_ne+native_lfr := lexical_filtering_rule &
    [ +CONTEXT < [ SYNSEM.PHON.ONSET con_or_voc ] >,
       +INPUT < [ SYNSEM.PHON.ONSET unk_onset, ORTH.CLASS non_ne ] >,
       +OUTPUT < >,
       +POSITION "I1 at C1" ].

Is it the case that I want the +CONTEXT and +INPUT to be exactly
reversed with NO_DEFAULT_LES or DEFAULT_LES_POSGAPS_LEXGAPS?

Thank you,
Paul