[pet] passing in some but not all tags

Paul Haley paul at haleyai.com
Wed Sep 18 17:04:38 CEST 2013

Your comments have been quite helpful in getting me headed in what
appears to be the right direction...

I now think default LEs (whether none or only for gaps) has little
bearing provided there is a tag provided (at least that is what I am
observing in the behavior.)

I have modified lfr.tdl as below and confirmed that I no longer get the
native verbal LE for "array" provided any of NN, NNS, NNPS, NNP (it
looks like I need to send $ instead of S for two of those, though.)

What do you think?  Do I need a bunch of the latter?

Thanks again!
Paul

#|
generic_non_ne+native_lfr := lexical_filtering_rule &
[ +CONTEXT < [ SYNSEM.PHON.ONSET con_or_voc ] >,
   +INPUT < [ SYNSEM.PHON.ONSET unk_onset, ORTH.CLASS non_ne ] >,
   +OUTPUT < >,
   +POSITION "I1 at C1" ].
|#

exclude_verbal_given_nominal_lfr := lexical_filtering_rule &
[ +CONTEXT < [ +TNT.+TAGS < ^N.*$ > ]>,
   +INPUT < [ SYNSEM basic_verb_synsem ] >,
   +OUTPUT < >,
   +POSITION "I1 at C1" ].